Boomtown has been honoured with a number of awards in recent years in recognition of the quality of advertising material produced by the agency. These include but are not limited to the following:
- Boomtown won three gold awards as well as the Inkosi award at the 2011 Assegai Integrated Marketing Awards. The NMMU Flash Mob, which has received much acclaim from the industry and the media, won a gold Assegai in the social media category. The Aggreko Always – On direct marketing campaign won two gold awards in the craft and media 3D categories. The campaign was also awarded the Inkosi award for the best entry overall.
- In 2011, Boomtown’s rebrand of the Cacadu District Municipality was recognised and was named one of the world’s most effective rebrands in the seventh annual REBRAND 100® Global Awards. This award put the Cacadu rebrand as one of the 100 best rebrands in the world for 2011.
- In 2010, the NMMU won another 6 MACE awards for excellence in communication. The awards were won for various campaigns and publications which were conceptualised and designed by Boomtown.
- In 2009, the Cacadu District was awarded a Swiss Tourism Award in the Sport and Adventure category. This award is in recognition of the initiatives that Boomtown has implemented for Cacadu.
- The Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (NMMU) won 5 Marketing, Advancement and Communications in Education (MACE) excellence awards in 2009. Their awards included best annual report and best external publication both designed by Boomtown.
- Boomtown has, since 2006, been rated by AdReview as one of the top 25 advertising agencies in South Africa. In 2010, we were rated as the 12th best Cape agency and were the only Port Elizabeth based agency in the top 20.
- Boomtown has to date held its Service Excellence accreditation since 2006 and was also the first agency to achieve this accreditation.
- The PMR Africa Eastern Cape Leaders and Achievers awards have for the fifth consecutive year recognised the agency’s excellent standard of material produced. The agency has won Diamond, Gold and Silver PMR awards for being the leading advertising agency.